Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Subjective and Objective Claims

Subjective and objective claims are used everyday to get a point across. Sometimes these types of claims are used in arguments, lectures, or even day to day conversations. My best example for these types of claims would have to be after attending my first day of work. My boss gave a small speech about how to do well at her office and to eventually get a raise or promotion. She started off by saying, "There are two types of people in this world, the one's who care and the one's who don't care." While this may be a good observation from the past, there is no true way of knowing who cares about the job and who doesn't, and maybe everyone cares! The statement my boss made was subjective because it has no absolute truth to it, it was just past experience and observations from former employees. An objective statement my boss made was when she said that she has fired half of all of her employees from when she opened. This is a true fact because out the 8 former employees, she has fired 4. That was a wake up call for me to make sure I did a good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment